Resin driveways are long-lasting and thus they are the most preferred option when installing driveways. However, some damages are common as they are exposed to extreme weather conditions. So, you need to inspect the driveways from time to time and ensure effective resin drive repairs to avoid any major repair work.
Maintenance should also be done and it includes cleaning, removal of weeds and moss, removal of oil and fuel, etc. Also, when installing the driveways, there are several things that need to be considered for its long life. The process that should be followed is given below.
Installation of resin driveways
- The first step is to clean the surface. The surface must also be leveled before applying the new layer of resin on the surface. For ensuring the driveways are smooth, the base must be patched up.
- The second step is to apply a pressure jet on the surface to wash it and make it clean and also removes the stones and dirt.
- For providing the surface with a strong attachment, you must make use of a primer. It acts as a powerful glue that is added to the surface to make the surface stronger and not easily get damaged.
- Now, you need to prepare the resin mixture by mixing stone aggregate and resin. Now, mix it thoroughly using a paddle mixer.
- The last step is to pour the mixture on the desired surface and leave it for 24 hours. You can put a lightweight on the surface after 4-5 hours.